
Greg proposed on May 30 at Lake Mead!!!! We went down on Friday with Adam, Jenn, Sarah, and some of her friends to camp overnight and go boating! We got the boat into the water right as it was dark. So, we drove to the other side of the lake with the moonlight as our guide! Adam and I sat up in the front of the boat to try and look for rocks...even though it was pitch black! We found a spot to camp and got everything unloaded. Matt and Marci were coming down later, so Greg and I went back over to the dock to pick them up. We loaded their stuff into the boat, and headed back over to the group. We were camped in a little cove, and as we got closer we could see the fire they had started. Greg asked me to go up to the front again to look for rocks...to which I protested because it was dark and I really couldn't see anything! He said please, so I went and sat up front. We got closer, and Greg honked the horn. It was weird, because Adam started lighting something on fire...I was confused because there was already a fire going. He kept running back and forth and then I could tell what he was lighting said something. I turned around and said What does that say?!?! Matt had taken over driving the boat, and Greg was coming to the front. He tried to get down on his knee between the seats...it was a tight fit, so he ended up sitting on the seat...and asked me to marry him!
While we were gone they had soaked fabric strips in gas and laid out MARRY ME on the shore.
It was so awesome! I was completely shocked, but I loved it! Greg is so amazing! I was so excited to think that I would be married soon...to my best friend!! Thanks hun! 
Anyway, we had an awesome day Saturday boarding. The water was smooth all morning. What a great weekend!! And we were officially engaged!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment