October 5, 2008

4th of July in Idaho!

For the 4th we went up to Idaho to see Greg's family. My brothers and dad were all gone at various camps, so my mom also came with us! We had a way fun weekend.


We went to the little town of Menan for Menan Days. They had a lot of booths set up, live music, and food to eat. I didn't grow up in a small town, so it was fun to go see how they celebrate!



One of the highlights of Grandma and Grandpa Rounds house are the 4 trampolines that are all set up in a row!




Greg and I went to Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks. We met up with his friend Rhett and his girlfriend. They do the fireworks right along the river by the IF temple. You can see the top of the temple in the picture. After, we went back home and watched bottle rockets set off by the boys! I like the patriotism of the 4th. I love the red, white and blue of the flag and the representation of freedom. I'm grateful for all of the men and women who had fought for our freedom in America! God bless the USA!


Greg was excited to shoot his shot gun! He and Tate had fun shooting!






Greg's dad is a grain broker and has these tall grain elevators where he stores the grain. I am very afraid of heights, but Greg got me to climb up the 180 feet with him. Tate probably thought I was such a baby! But, my legs were really shaky climbling up the ladders. We would get to a platform, and I was happy with that...but Greg kept me going up higher and higher! The view from the top was pretty! We could see the river and all around the farm. I did okay until Greg decided to sit on the edge and lean back...which made my heart start beating faster and my legs felt more like jello! When we got to the bottom I found I had a battle wound, but now I can say I've climbed up the elevator!

I couldn't resist a picture with the tractor!

These used to hold gas and they are on the corner of the street where you turn to go to the Polatis house! Greg told me that Jenn always talks about them, so we had to get a picture in front of them just for her! Next time Jenn, we'll all have to get a picture by these!

No comments: