January 5, 2009

What Happened in 2008

I saw on Ashley's blog she did a recap of 2008 and I thought that was a fun idea! So, here are a few highlights of our year together!

JANUARY
Greg is still Kristin's hometeacher! We have known eachother for a few months now. Greg's little sis Lindsey moves to St George and she and Kristin become friends...Greg and Kristin also become better friends.

FEBRUARY
It's official! Greg and Kristin are officially BF/GF! That's pretty much the most exciting thing that happened this month!

MARCH
We went on a camping adventure with Matt and Marci up at Zions. We had a great time! I finished up with my 4th semester of nursing school and started clinicals! Oh the fun of nursing school and working for FREE!!

APRIL
We set off on a vacation to Cancun, Mexico with JD, Levi and Mel. This trip is where Greg and Kristin "fell in love". There were many great talks and many things shared with eachother. I would have to say this is when I started to see myself marrying this boy from Idaho!

MAY
Greg+Kristin=True Love! I graduated from nursing school at Dixie State! Yay! 2 years all came to an end...kinda crazy to believe! But, don't worry, 3 days after graduating I started the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at SUU! Our very good friends Matt and Marci were sealed in the Salt Lake temple on May 17! Also, Jessica (Greg's cousin) came home from her mission and her homecoming was the 18th...where I met the whole Rounds side of the family! There are a bunch of them! It was a bit overwhelming, but they were all so nice and kept asking Greg when he was going to marry me! A little pressure from the family!

We spent this month boating down at Lake Mead every weekend! The last weekend we were there, Greg completely shocked me by proposing! It was perfect and so creative! Holy cow...we are getting married? I for one did not think that would happen this year, but I couldn't be happier!

JUNE
This month we went to Lake Mead a few more times, and also spent some weekends driving up to Layton to get things figured out for the wedding! I also passed the NCLEX-RN boards and am officially a Registered Nurse! I started working on the Cardiovascular Unit at the hospital and love it!

JULY
We went to Idaho over the 4th of July. My mom came with us and we had a blast going to Manan days and hanging out over at Granny's house on the farm! We also spent this month finalizing things for the wedding....Greg really loved this part about the whole thing!

AUGUST
We had a Farnworth family reunion up at Island park. It was fun to be with my mom's side of the family. We are all really close and I love seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins. Greg couldn't make the reunion, but drove up to Logan on the 9th to take me through the temple for the first time. I have to admit, I was really nervous, but looking back there was really nothing to be nervous about. It was so peaceful in the temple and I really felt the Spirit so strongly. I also was so grateful that I had Greg with me for my first time!

8/16/08 we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Bountiful temple. This was such an amazing day in my life. I can't even express the incredible spirit that I felt while being in the temple surrounded by friends and family! I love Greg so much and was so grateful that we were able to be sealed to eachother in the temple! After the open house festivities, we honeymooned in the Dominican Republic! We had a blast!

SEPTEMBER
Happy Birthday to US! Greg turned 24 on the 4th and I turned 23 on the 18th. It's kind of crazy....our really good friends Adam and Jenn both have birthdays in December, and Matt and Marci both have birthdays in June! And Greg and I are both September! Kinda funny! We spent this month going skimboarding down at the river and Greg and Adam got in a lot of golf games!

OCTOBER
We went to Matt and Marci's fun Halloween party! We dressed up as Ninja Turtles with Adam and Jenn! Time seems to fly when you're having fun! Greg and I had only been married for 2 months, but it already seemed much longer! We love married life!

NOVEMBER
Greg's Uncle Arlyn was hit by a truck while out running with his daughter and was taken back to live with our Heavenly Father. This was a sad time for the Rounds family, as this was the first person to pass away. We went up to Idaho for a week and on the way there we were able to stop at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden to see Uncle Arlyn before he passed away. It was nice to be able to see family, even though the circumstances were not the most ideal. Thankfully, we know that families are forever and we will see him again someday! Thanksgiving was spent here in St George, with me working over the holidays. I love being a nurse, but the hospitals don't close over the holidays! Oh, also Greg got called to Young Mens and I am now a primary teacher!

DECEMBER
We had a busy Christmas season. Since, I just barely updated my blog about all of our happenings, I won't write them all again! We had a wonderful Christmas and hope that you all did as well (even though this is a little late!).

2008 was GREAT! We had such an awesome year and are looking forward to the fun times ahead in 2009!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That's a very exciting year, thanks for sharing! AND I did read how Greg asked you to marry him, how freaking sweet is he!? Good luck in 2009!