My mom came down on Wednesday to run the Springdale to Grafton 10K with me on Saturday, November 1st. I have ran it the past two years and wanted to make it a 3rd!!! I am so glad my mom came to run it with me! It was so fun to have her down here in St George to play for 5 days! We made some super cute pumpkins...I'll post some pictures...and I also made a rag quilt with the help of my mom! Of course, we also did the run and had so much fun being together. My mom is the best in the whole world! I don't have any sisters, and I'm so grateful that my mom and I are such great friends! I love you mom!!!
Here we are before the run. It was a little bit cloudy and breezy, and we were worried it would be cold. But, it ended up being sunny and warm!!
We didn't have a camera at the end of the race, but we saw this sign at the Driftwood Lodge (which is where it started in Springdale) when we were leaving and thought it would be good proof that we were actually there! :)
The camera doesn't really capture the colors of the leaves that well, but they were absolutely beautiful! It was fun to see the fall leaves, since it's still pretty warm in St George and there hasn't been a lot of color changing going on!


7 comments:
What a fun time to have your mom down there! I'm so glad you found my blog- I love being able to keep up with so many families so easily with these blogs! You guys are such a cute couple! We're living in Sunset-we bought a house in Febraury, my hubbies just working as an engineer and I'm just doing the mommy thing and loving it!
HOLY SMOKES! Kristin! I can't believe you found my blog! It is good to see what you are up to as well :) Two thumbs up on the run. I admire you dedication, I am not a fan of running, however I AM a fan of people who DO like to run ;)
Mia
Good job on your last run.....and how fun that your mom ran with you! Glad you ran into our blog.....it's such a good way to keep in touch. Where are you working? To answer your ? on my blog....I'm working at the U of M in the bone marrow transplant unit and love it:)
I'm glad we are blogger friends, it makes me happy!!! YOu and your mom look a lot alike by the way!
You're amazing. There's no way I could run like that. I just get so bored! I really don't like it and just run because I know it's healthy for me. (sigh) You're my idol.
Kristin good for you!! Hey trav and i loved the halloween costumes. And the rest of your blog is great. It was good to see ya two, now that gas is low trav and i were saying that we need to make a road trip and come see you both and enjoy your fun and warmer area.
That is a fun race. I ran it myself a few times in the early part of this decade when I was in better shape. I found your blog through 504. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment