November 29, 2008

New Car

While we were in Layton for a few days, we went and looked at cars! We have been talking about getting something with 4 wheel drive but hadn't really looked at anything. Well, we went to a few places in Bountiful and looked at some Honda Pilots...which is what I thought I wanted..but didn't find anything we loved.
We were meeting Crockett in SLC for dinner, so we went home and got ready, and then went down to SLC early to look at a few dealerships down there since we figured the selection would be better. We went to a few places, including the Honda dealership where an extrememly annoying girl salesperson helped us. We both found that different...we thought all cars salemen were MEN! Anyway, we ended up at the Toyota dealership and saw a Pilot on their lot. We talked to Chuck about the Pilot and he asked if we were interested in any other type of SUV. We mentioned that we had thought about a Highlander, but had never driven one. This led to him showing us a 2007 that they had, and while we were looking he went and got a 2008 and explained to us that the body style had changed and he wanted us to see the difference. Well, we were instantly in LOVE! Of course, the one he first showed us was equipped with everything under the sun, but he had Greg drive it around and we both knew he had changed our mind from a Pilot! So, Greg and I both decided that we would probaly end up with a Highlander, but they didn't have the charcoal gray color that I wanted. Oh, but once inside, Chuck talked to the guy who buys all the cars for the lot and found us one that only had 8400 miles! Within the next hour, we had signed papers, traded in my Lexus, and were now the proud owners of a 2008 Highlander! The only problem was that it wouldn't be to the lot until Monday, which meant we would have to make another trip up to SLC. I worked Sunday night, and after sleeping for a few hours, Sarah...my awesome sister-in-law...drove up with me on Monday! She was such a lifesaver! We drove up and my parents and bros came down and had dinner with us. After turning my car over to them, we loaded up and drove right back down to St G! It was weird leaving my car there after having it for 2 1/2 years, but I absolutely LOVE our new car!! Oh...and I got my first ticket ever just past New Harmony on the way home. Lovely!

This isn't ours, but it's what it looks like considering that my camera is dead!

3 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

Hey guys! So what's with all this kid talk? First on our blog, then one of the reasons you're going private...and a NEW Vehicle? Sounds interesting....;o) Oh, and our email is lacy14@gmail.com

Matt and Marci said...

I can't believe you guys got a new car... I can't wait to go for a ride in it!

Carrie said...

I LOVE these things!! Oh so jealous! :)