November 29, 2008

Slacker!

So I feel like I have been a slacker the past few weeks! Part of the reason is I can't find my camera battery charger anywhere and it's not as fun to post with no pictures! But oh well...I thought I would write a bit about what we've been up to. A few weeks ago, we got news that Greg's Uncle Arlyn was hit by a car and was in critical condition in the ICU. At first, the doctors were hopeful that they would be able to help him, but we then learned that his brainstem had been injured and he was not going to wake up from his coma. So, we as well as Lindsey, Sarah, and Brittney loaded up in the car and headed up to Idaho. We stopped in Ogden at McKay Dee Hospital to visit Uncle Arlyn in the hospital. He was still in a coma, and as hard as it was to see him like that, I think it was a good experience to see him. On Greg's side of the family they have not had a death yet so this was a new thing for them. The funeral was wonderful and he looked so peaceful. As hard as death can be, I am so grateful for the knowledge I have about where we go when we die. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the peace and comfort it brings into my life. We had a good week in Idaho, aside from the sadness that was there also. We got to visit with friends and family too. Greg has such an awesome family and I truly married into a wonderful family! We stayed with my parents in Layton for a couple nights on our way back to St G and I always love seeing them. I would have to say, that Greg married into an amazing family as well! After being gone for a week, it was good to get back home safely. Thanks to Matt and Marci for feeding our fish while we were gone! We're grateful for our good friends as well!

No comments: