May 26, 2009

Back up....

We've had an eventful past month or so and I am a slacker. I feel like I say this every time I post anything on this blog...maybe I just need to be a better poster!!
Anyway, like I had mentioned in a previous post, Greg went to Whistler/Blackcomb mountain in Canada back in April with a few friends to snowboard. They had a fun time and Greg has added Canada on his list of places to re-visit in the middle of winter when the whole mountain has snow!

The BoYs

Greg, Spence, Levi and J.D.

The 2010 Olympics are being held here next year and this Olympic statue man was at the top of the mountain!

Whistler and Blackcomb are connected by a Peak 2 Peak gondola...I think Greg said it is the biggest gondola in the world?! It takes you from the peak of one resort over to the next.




CHEESE!While they were in Canada, there was a big ski & snowboard event going on...so they had fun watching all the pros in the competitions.

Having my hubby gone for 5 days was definately different! But, I'm so grateful for the awesome friends that he has so he was able to go and do something that he loves....which his wife on the other hand does not love as much as him! haha.

Having him gone for all those days really made my love and appreciation for him grow that much more! It was especially weird not being able to talk to him while he was in Canada...he asked if I cried...and yes, I did one night...and that is the beauty of marriage!

4 comments:

Chantel and Brian said...

How fun for your hubby! i'm not into snowboarding at all, but it looks like a blast for them! Was that your first time apart from each other for that long?

Allie said...

Looks like fun :) You are a way better poster than me. I think I am like 4 months behind. BTW-Greg left his Nike hat here the other day, we will have to figure out a way to get it back to him. It was good times hanging out with everyone, lets get together again soon.

Laci, Jonn, Kaden and Maylee said...

man what a fun time for him....not so much for you though....i hate when my hubby leaves..... its hard....so i want to see pictures of your cute house when you close on it......

Rob O said...

I miss you cute guys and am glad things are going well.