May 18, 2011

I am a Master!!

6 weeks ago my BFF Sara and I started a Master Preserver course through the Utah State Extension office. We had done a little bit of canning but we were stoked to become Masters!
And yes...this week we had to wear matching shirts to class!



Our peach apple salsa that was delicious!! I am not a huge fan of chunky salsa...we usually throw ours in the magic bullet first...but this was so good-chunks and all!
Carolyn...our amazing teacher!! She seriously is the bomb.com!

She knows SO SO much about canning. She worked so hard to get everything together every week and stayed after class to finish up the canning!

If you have a chance to take a class from her I would highly recommend it!!!
Taking the test to get our official certificate!!!

Who knew dehydrated bananas actually tasted good even though they look kind of gross!
We did kiwi, strawberries, apples, mangos, bananas, pumpkin and apple fruit leather and peppers just to name a few!!



The last night of class we learned about jams and jellies...but basically it was test night and a party night to try all of the foods we had canned over the 6 week course!

Most of these foods were the pickled foods. Can't say I was a huge fan of the carrots or dilly beans...but pickled pears are Yummy! And I'm not even a fan of pears!

Janie and her daughter Lauren.

They were seriously our BFF's in class.

We had many great laughs working alongside these two!

Janie practically is already a master preserver. She is incredible! She has cows, 75 chickens, and pigs and a huge garden that she cans tons of stuff from.

When I grow up I want to be like Janie!!

Sara and i are going to go up to her house for a field trip one of these days!!

Oh...and Lauren just finished 9th grade! Crazy right?!? She knows tons about canning already too! I was way impressed that she's learning at such a young age! She is going to be a great catch...but not for a few years!!




The extension office has a cute little kitchen/work are....little being the key word!! Sara is a rockstar kiwi peeler!


Chopping kiwis for our pineapple kiwi jam...Weird sounding, right? But oh so tasty!



We had a blast over the 6 weeks and have lots of fun new recipes to try out this summer!!


No comments: